Courtesy of Jessie Karangu (@jmkcool2002) from Eastern Tech High School in Baltimore, MD:
Prom season is here! Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh Shhhhhaaaawwwwttttyyyy! (T-Pain Autotune Voice) Which means you need a prom date, right? Yuuuupppp (Trey Songz Voice). Well then, how the hell do you choose a date?
It’s a decision that everyone stresses about and that some people don’t wanna talk about, but before you even start your search, make sure you set a deadline. You don’t want to end up looking for a date the week before prom and regret who you end up with, or going alone.
Here are some tips:
1. Set the rules before you choose: This is going to be the last school dance of your life and if you’re not going with your Boyfriend/Girlfriend, then you’re going with someone that’s just a friend.
You both need to make sure you’re cool with your prom date dancing with other people, you know how you’re going to get there, where you’re going before and afterwards, and if you’re going as just amigos or you’re more than just a friend. You don’t need any confusion or drama.
2. Make sure you are compatible with the person you go with: You don’t want to end up with someone you’re going to end up arguing with all night, then both of you will end up looking a hot mess, your picture might end up on NoWayGirl.com, and 50 years later, everyone is going to remember you guys as “that ghetto couple”.
3. Ask a lot of questions: If you know the girl/guy that you’re trying to “holla” at, ask suspiciously if they are going with anyone or if they are talking to anyone.
4. Carry that swag. Don’t be scurred, you got this: Walk down that school hallway with some swag and let everyone recognize that you are the boss and you about to handle your business. Ask the person you want to ask with confidence and if they say no, oh well. On to the next one.
And once you’ve found your date, there are 2 things you must do:
1. HAVE FUN: This is it, as the great, late Michael Jackson once said. You’ve got to live it up and get down like there’s no tomorrow (because there’s literally no tomorrow once your prom is over, no more proms to go to). If you gotta be corny and learn a dance on YouTube, it’s whatever. Do what you gotta do to make sure you’re going to have the most fun.
2. Most importantly, BE SAFE: In all ways possible, be responsible with your actions.
If you’re a student and want to submit a BUZZWORTHY story, send in your submissions to 411@BuzzUnder21.com.